How to stay safe
So you have found the wonderful world of BDSM and are eager to get involved and see what its all about ?
Well, the first words of advice we received when we were starting out were HAVE FUN but JUST……….SLOW……….DOWN and take a breath !
With that in mind, please take 5 minutes to read this
We were all newbies once and couldn’t wait to go out and meet people and get out to our first munch or club. We also know that we are all adults and are quite capable of making our own informed decisions, however please allow us to offer a few friendly words of advice to keep you safe as you make your journey.
- Use our website & messaging system to find out as much as you can about people you are thinking about meeting, or events you are thinking of attending
- NEVER EVER give out personal details like phone numbers, home address, work details etc, either on your profile or in your initial messages
- Follow your instincts and stop all contact if you feel that someone is being dishonest with you, ignoring your questions, or trying to pressure you into meeting up or giving them more personal details
- If someone is making you feel uncomfortable, stop contacting them. You can also “block” them so that they cannot contact you again
- You can also report a concern to us – just email email@example.com
So what about meeting people ?
- It really should go without saying that you should not invite people you don’t know to your house for a first meeting !
- If you are meeting someone one to one then you should do so in a safe and public place that you are familiar with
- Usually a local munch or event is peoples first public experience, where there should be lots of other experienced and friendly people around – most events also offer a Meet & Greet service for newbies, some even offer to keep an eye on you throughout the night
- If you can take a friend along with you, that’s great as it should help you both feel more comfortable
- Make sure you take a fully charged mobile phone, you never know when you might need it
- Ensure that if you do drink, please drink responsibly, so that you are always in control. Always keep hold of your own drink so that no one else has access to it
- If you are at an organised event and don’t feel comfortable with someone or a situation, then contact the event organiser immediately
- If you are not comfortable whatever the situation, don’t be afraid to leave
And how can you forget about COVID ?
Please be responsible - If you have any symptoms of COVID you definitely should not be going out and meeting people or attending any events.
This isn’t an exhaustive list by any means, but it should give you the basics. If anyone feels that we have left out something very important please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Got all that ? Great stuff, welcome to the UK Fetish scene – HAVE FUN !